Certainly the previous 10 months caught in your personal metropolis with not a ton to do in addition to fly drones and edit footage has left you with award-winning content material. Proper? If that’s you, then it’s time to enter DJI’s SkyPixel 6th anniversary photo and video contest.
Entries are open between now and Feb. 18, 2021, and winners can be introduced on March 18, 2021. And in contrast to many different photograph/video contests, this one is free to enter.
New to this yr’s SkyPixel contest is the addition of 5 classes: Vlog, FPV, Showreel, Hometown and Surroundings. That Hometown is an especial standout; whereas journey is often a well-liked use case for drones, the brand new ‘hometown’ class proves that you simply don’t have to enterprise far to get a terrific aerial shot. Typically, it’s the mundane parking zone or funky tree within the park that makes the most effective aerial photograph anyway — not the beautiful-but-kind-of-generic-beach scene, or the identical aerial shot of the Golden Gate Bridge that we’ve seen one million occasions earlier than. Although, there's in fact nonetheless a journey class too (there are not any capturing date necessities, so you possibly can submit a journey photograph from a visit taken years in the past).
How do I enter the SkyPixel sixth Anniversary Aerial Photograph & Video Contest?
You don’t have to fly a DJI drone with a purpose to enter, as there’s no restriction on the sort or model of capturing gear. Sure, meaning you can use a competitor drone, just like the Skydio 2, to attempt to win.
The six video classes are:
- Vlog: Create a video of your self that captures particular moments in your day by day life
- FPV: Seize an immersive expertise and feeling of freedom that brings individuals nearer to the motion and pleasure
- Sport: Seize moments in motion, and the facility and power of people engaged in sports activities
- Journey: Share a narrative about humanity, tradition, or an unforgettable journey (individuals have to be included within the video)
- Hometown: Create a video to share a narrative and what’s particular about your hometown
- Showreel: Shoot a brief video showcasing all of the memorable moments of your 2020
Movies should not exceed 5 minutes in size, and at the least 30 seconds of the video should include aerial footage, apart from the Vlog class (Vlog class entries don't have to include aerial photographs in any respect, maybe encouraging individuals to make use of DJI’s vlogging gear such because the Osmo line, together with the brand new Pocket 2.
The 5 photograph classes are:
- Portrait: Seize an individual’s expression, motion or life’s ardour within the huge great thing about their environment
- Nature: Seize a second in time to disclose the true great thing about nature
- Structure: Uncover superb buildings from a brand new perspective
- Sport: Seize the power and pleasure of an athlete pursuing their goals
- Surroundings: & Spotlight an environmental difficulty you care about
All photographs have to be shot on a drone, and every picture have to be no less than three MB with a decision of at the very least 300 dpi.
What are the prizes within the Skypixel contest?
There’s cash on the desk, with greater than 55 awards up for grabs. Prizes are valued at roughly $83,000, consisting of a mixture of each bodily stuff, and money cash. The grand prize winners within the photograph and video class will every obtain a money prize of $7,500, whereas prizes in different award classes embrace the Mavic 2, Mavic Air 2, RS 2 and Pocket 2.
And even in the event you don’t win, there's a comfort prize of types for all entrants. Present SkyPixel customers will obtain factors for each entry they submit. First time SkyPixel contest members will obtain a 20% off low cost code relevant for DJI equipment on the DJI online store after efficiently submitting their first entry.
SkyPixel is the social community of types affiliated with drone maker DJI, meant as an area for drone pilots to add, arrange and share their work. Created in 2014, the SkyPixel on-line group now claims 22 million members throughout 140 nations. With 5 SkyPixel contests to date on the books, the Skypixel competitors has up to now acquired 180,000 submissions through the years.
The submit Entries open for DJI’s SkyPixel 6th anniversary photo and video contest appeared first on The Drone Girl.